CHIPS stands for Crofton Hammond Infant Parents and Staff – and is our PTA group.
CHIPS raises valuable funds which are used to buy much needed resources and equipment for the school. In past years we have bought interactive white boards for each classroom, replaced the gym equipment, helped to transform the outside play areas and replaced all the computers in the school. Each year CHIPS hold various fundraising events which include school discos, uniform sales, as well as a Christmas and a Summer Fair. In 2022-23 CHIPS raised a fantastic £11,289.54.
For 2023-24 the currently elected officers are as follows:
• Chair – Claire Applegate
• Secretary – Lauren Hall
• Treasurer – Chloe Dedman & Claire Applegate
• Second Hand Uniform Co-Ordinator – Katie Ryder
• Committee/Trustee Members – Caroline Hickey, Fiona Knight, Kerry Lock, Rebecca Reid, Charlie Thompson
However, we also have many invaluable helpers who ensure that every event runs smoothly. Please do get in touch if you’d like to be involved. It’s a great group of people, lots of fun and it really does make a difference to our children’s school experience.
The last CHIPS meeting took place on Tuesday 12th September 2023 and for those unable to attend please click on the following to see what was discussed;
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see below for a calendar of events which the CHIPS team are hoping to run this year. These are subject to change and will require volunteer support to make them happen.
WINTER 2023-24 Events;
Our Christmas fundraising activities, contributed to a collective total of £2,143.72 for our school – thank you to everyone who supported this!
SPRING 2023-24 Events;
- EGM (Extraordinary General Meeting), Monday 19th February, 14:15-15:15, in the school hall
- Cakes, Pre-loved Uniform and World Book Day Costumes Sale, Wednesday 21st February, 14:45-15:45, outside The Cabin
- Family Bingo Night, Friday 22nd March, 18:00-20:00, in the school hall (reply slips returned by Friday 8th March)
- Non-Uniform day Monday 18th March, in exchange for either £1 or an Easter Egg
- Easter Egg Raffle, Monday 25th March (raffle tickets will be sent home nearer the time)
SUMMER 2023-24 Events;
- Easter Disco, Friday 19th April, 16:30-18:00, in the school hall (look out for communication on this before the Easter Break)
- Summer Fair, Friday 28th June
More to come: Break The Rule Day, Family Quiz Night and Summer Fayre